Where is the Bigger Game - Washington or Miami?
This is a big week-end for Washington as well as Miami. The Senate's game has been going on for two weeks now and we still don't know the outcome - more like cricket.
There are more parallels than differences. However let's compare the biggest game in the Washington season and the biggest game in the football season:
- Both rely heavily on corporate money.
- Both make a big deal out of the kickoff but most times it amounts to nothing.
- Inactive players sit on the sidelines. Senators watch their phones; footballers the game.
- The Super Bowl umpires wear stripes. Perhaps the Senate ones should also - head to toe!
- There is rough play and hard hitting in both but no penalties in the Senate.
- You will do well in either if you can dodge, run fast, and pass the ball.
- In football you try to catch the ball. In the Senate you try to avoid it.
- Both have offensive and defensive players. Most Senators however are always offensive.
- Post game analysis lasts for hours in one but forever in the other.
- The fans in both get into passionate fights.
- In both, if you can keep winning you can keep playing.
- Sometimes the oldest players do best in the Senate - not so much in football.
- Women go crazy for footballers. You can probably guess the rest of this.
- In the Super Bowl there is a clear winner. In the Senate there is no winner. Just losers.
- Fans would miss almost anything for the Bowl; watch anything else but the Senate trial.
What a country! There is something for everyone.