Let's Try to Make This Easy - Again
Top 5 ways I can think of to try to make them understand.
5. It's the top of the 9th inning boys and you are up but the other team is ahead. Your team strikes out or does not get enough runs to reverse the lead. The game is OVER folks. You can stay if you want but the crowd and the winners have gone home - WITH the pennant. You will be pitching to yourself.
4. You are driving down the road and your tire blows. You carry on - fwap, fwap, fwap. Then a second blows. You keep driving - fwappity, fwappity, fwappity. Soon people are yelling that all four are gone and you are on the rims. Now you are wrecking the car AND the road - right? Get it? You should have stopped after the first blowout.
3. The brand new pool in the back yard is now finished. You plan a big breaking in party with catering, lots of beer and a live band. Problem! It is December fellas with three inches of snow. Everybody declined. Nobody wants to play polar bear. No party - get it. Donate the food to charity and take back the beer if it isn't opened. Try again in the summer - in four years.
2. Some guy has cheated on his wife and kids for the last time. She has already won the divorce case. She got the money and you got the car. The house is now occupied by new owners. Stop knocking on the door or you will be charged. Get used to sleeping in your car or at your lover's place unless she also moved on. It's over. Any similarity between this and any political leaders is purely unintentional.
1. You are on stage at the world sword fishing contest. Your catch which you claim you landed yourself is hanging on one scale and the other guy's, who happens to be Joe Biden is on an identical scale. His is visibly larger and the scales show it is indeed heavier. You are yelling foul, it is fixed. You insist the judges switch scales. They do with the same result. Your fish falls off the scale and shatters into 100 plaster of Paris pieces. You scream you have been framed. You and your lawyers claim a mountain of evidence - somewhere - that Joe's fish is phony. It is examined by fishermen and taxidermists alike. He wins. Yours is ruled artificial. Still you scream and so do your fans. Go home with your fraudulent broken fish. You have four years to glue it back together.
The last one is a fish story for a reason. Something in the Republican camp smells fishy. Their party is also starting to shatter on the floor.
Trump's supporters have claimed that the Dems. have tried to get him out of office for four years. Probably true. Now you can see why.